- Pick your base. I usually use mixed greens (mustard greens, arugula, dandelion greens, kale, spinach etc)
- Pick your protein. This can be eggs, chicken, turkey, tuna, tofu, tempeh, rice & beans...the list goes on but my fave is usually poached chicken or salmon
- Pick some complimentary fibre filled veggies like peppers, carrots, celery, tomatoes, snap peas etc. The more rainbow like the better!
- Pick your healthy fats. Avocado is delicious and surefire for adding flavour. Assorted nuts & seeds will also add a satiating quality (meaning you feel fuller). Top with some flaxseeds or sunflower seeds for extra minerals like Zinc as well as essential fats. Caveat: don't overdo it on the fats. Fat still packs a hefty caloric punch so a little goes a long way.
- Choose your dressing, but if you have already added fats try to avoid extra oils. See my Detox Dressing for inspiration.