- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, halved, and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced (1 ó cups)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp pesto (recipe below or good quality store bought)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Gluten free pizza crusts
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
Lemon Basil Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ -½ tsp sea salt
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place the pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest and herbamare in a
- food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade.
- Pulse a few times until mixture is coarsely ground. Add fresh basil leaves. While the food processor is running, slowly add in olive oil and lemon juice through the tube. Continue to process until the pesto reaches desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss together squash, onion, oil, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Spread onto large baking sheet with parchment paper, and roast for 30
- minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place pizza crusts onto baking sheet. Top with pesto, spinach and squash mixture and any other toppings you would like
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until crust is crisp.